January 26, 2009

God and the Human Question

When asked His name, God replied “I am”. A name, a perfect name, describes essence. God’s name is. Thus, since everything about God is perfect, including his name, His essence is essence, if we can speak of God in essences. Thus, He contains within Himself all other essence, since He is.

As I’ve stated before, the human person is a question: why. 1 Why can be restated as “what is the purpose” or “ what is the essence”. Purpose is part of essence, thus asking the purpose is part of asking the essence.

As a result, the answer to the human person, or the human question, is God.

“Not because of who I am,
But because of what You’ve done.
Not because of what I’ve done,
But because of Who You are.”

~Who am I, Casting Crowns


1This Post

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home